I'm pleased to announce the release of pgAdmin 1.6.0, the Open Source
graphical PostgreSQL administration tool for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD,
Mac OS X and Solaris, now available for download in source and a variety
of binary formats from:
v1.6.0 represents over a year of development and testing to bring you a
host of new features and improvements including:
- PostgreSQL 8.2 support:
- Concurrent index builds.
- Privilege changes (database CONNECT, and sequence USAGE).
- Use E'' style escape string syntax when required.
- Shared database comments.
- Overhaul of server config settings.
- Allow database and schema display to be restricted.
- Configurable indents in the SQL editor.
- Support for language templates.
- Add -a and -q command line options to auto connect to a server and
open a query window respectively.
- Allow result copy quoting configuration to be set explicitly rather
than using the result export settings.
- Allow set returning functions to be created.
- Display the client start time on the status dialogue with PostgreSQL
- Add a password file editor.
- Prevent deletion of the blank item in config editors, and ensure undo
will only work on the appropriate line.
- Allow the number of rows shown in the Edit Grid to be limited and add
a 'View top 100 rows' option to the table/view context menus.
- Add autocompletion to the Query Tool, based on the logic used by psql.
- Triggered with Control+Space, and optionally the Tab key as well.
- Allow selection and copy of subsets of the columns and rows in the
- Add a 'Favourites' query organiser to the Query Tool.
- Display column dependencies.
- Minimal linking for pgAgent under *nix.
- Reject invalid command line options in pgAgent.
- Allow the admin modules to be built with PGXS if required.
- Enhance the query tool to allow copy/paste of arbitrary groups of
columns, rows or individual cells.
- Allow the tab character to be used as the clipboard column separator
to allow pasting of query results straight into apps like Excel, or
- Use virtual data table for Query Tool, to eliminate retrieval time.
- Add CREATE/INSERT/UPDATE/SELECT script menu options for various object
types to create script templates.
- Pre-encrypt passwords before sending them down the wire, or displaying
them in SQL statements.
- Add an internal XML reporting API, HTML XSL stylesheet with XSLT
processing capabilities and selection of schema/object/data reports.
- Allow pasting of entire rows in the View Data tool.
- Allow the user to choose whether or not to restore the environment
when reconnecting to a particular server.
- Detect and warn the user of concurrent edits of functions, views and
- Add brace highlighting to the SQL Text Box control.
- Add a word wrap option to the query tool editor.
- Add options to show line ends and whitespaces in the query tool.
- Highlight the error word in the query tool if a syntax error is
reported by the database.
- Display, and allow null values to be set in boolean columns in the
- Retain values in the edit grid following a failed insert or update.
- Display non-default op classes in index definitions.
- Add a pgAgent option to log to a file on *nix.
- Add a new Find & Replace dialogue to the query tool, implementing all
the normal Find & Replace options as well as a powerful regular
expression search mode.
- Add 'scratch pads' to the Edit Grid and Query Tool windows to use when
copying and pasting data back and forth.
- Make elements of the main windows dockable for maximum
- Add -qc switch to open query tool and autoconnect using a connection
- Add support for building Mac Universal Binaries.
- Use SQL standard type names where appropriate. Show them as 'aliases'
in the browser.
- Hide binary data (bytea) in the edit grid.
As well as many other tweaks, improvements and bug fixes, details of
which may be found in the changelog.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who gave their
time to help with the development, testing, translation and packaging of
pgAdmin Development Team
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Tony Caduto||Date: 2006-11-18 21:26:32|
|Subject: Lightning Admin for Postgresql ver 1.3.4 build 1 released|
|Previous:||From: John DeSoi||Date: 2006-11-15 04:18:16|
|Subject: pgEdit 1.3 beta 1|
pgadmin-hackers by date
|Next:||From: svn||Date: 2006-11-16 14:20:36|
|Subject: SVN Commit by dpage: r5658 - trunk/www/download|
|Previous:||From: Guillaume Lelarge||Date: 2006-11-16 13:15:28|
|Subject: Re: 1.6 Branched - ready for 1.7?|
pgadmin-support by date
|Next:||From: Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha||Date: 2006-11-16 14:54:02|
|Subject: Apoie o estudo das células tronco|
|Previous:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2006-11-16 12:02:06|
|Subject: Re: Test results for 1.6RC2 rev: 5636M|