Re: [pgsql-jdbc] dollar-quoted CREATE FUNCTION statement fails

From: Michael Paesold <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-jdbc] dollar-quoted CREATE FUNCTION statement fails
Date: 2006-11-01 21:47:45
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Michael Paesold wrote:
> Kris Jurka wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Michael Paesold wrote:
>>
>>> I thought I'd keep you posted on my progress. Here is an updated
>>> work-in-progress patch implementing dollar-quotes, -- and /* */
>>> quotes (also with SQL compliant nesting, i.e. /* /* */ */). It
>>> replaces my last one.
>>
>> This looks good to me. Have you done anything further?
>
> Yeah, I have started extracting the code for parsing specific parts of
> the query (single-quotes, dollar-quotes, comments, etc.) into a separate
> class so the code can be reused in the V2Query code. I was also looking
> at supporting standard_conforming_strings as a patch on top of that work.

Attached is a new version of the patch. From my side it looks pretty
complete now, but I am of course willing to improve it based on further
comments.

The parsing code is now split into several methods in a new class
org.postgresql.core.Parser. These methods are used in the v3
QueryExecutorImpl as well as the V2Query class. Therefore, both support
dollar-quotes and comments, now.

If you are OK with the approach, I will start coding the support for
standard_conforming_strings.

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold

Attachment Content-Type Size