Re: Tutorial/Example of Insert/Select PDF Postgres DB ?

From: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: ben wilko <wilko_ben(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tutorial/Example of Insert/Select PDF Postgres DB ?
Date: 2006-10-09 05:51:46
Lists: pgsql-php
Firstly always CC the mailing list.

ben wilko wrote:
> I am looking to have a dynamic page which will allow users to select
> categories in which a corresponding PDF file will be accessible to them.

That doesn't make any difference.. It becomes two database tables:

create table downloadfile (fileid serial primary key, filename text);
create table downloadfile_categories (fileid int references downloadfile
(fileid), categoryid int references categories (categoryid));

then a file can be available for multiple categories and so on.

If you really want to store binary data in the database, start here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/datatype-binary.html

and here:

http://php.net/pg_escape_bytea

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

pgsql-php by date

Next:From: Cyprian Makhafola [ MTN - Innovation Centre ]Date: 2006-10-09 13:01:14