XA end then join fix for WebLogic

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: jdevisser(at)digitalfairway(dot)com
Subject: XA end then join fix for WebLogic
Date: 2006-10-02 11:46:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Jan de Visser ran into problems with our XA implementation earlier, and
traced the problem to the sequence of XADataSource method calls that
WebLogic performed. He fixed it with a simple patch that allows
start(.., TMJOIN) on a transaction that was ended earlier using the same
connection:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2005-12/msg00038.php

It puzzles me why WebLogic does that, but it seems valid and we should
support it, even though we can't support join in general.

Here's a more polished version of Jan's patch. I don't have WebLogic to
test this with, so I would appreciate if those that have access to
WebLogic could reproduce the original problem and confirm that this
patch fixes it.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Jan de VisserDate: 2006-10-02 13:53:17