Re: Optimal Postgres Development Process, Software

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Roger Rasmussen <pgsqln00b(at)australiamail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Optimal Postgres Development Process, Software
Date: 2006-08-21 15:59:40
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Roger,

it'd be really nice, if you could write some documentation on your
progress somewhere.

You should include the steps you followed in a direction an what
obstacles you mastered or which problems made you dismiss a certain system.

I guess this could prove helpful for others that want to follow.
There must be a lot who just keep using non opensource stuff because
they had to find lots of solutions for every kind of common task.
Opensource is all about choice but a lot of choice means risking a lot
of dead ends, too.