Date format

From: Dylan Fogarty-MacDonald <dylan(dot)fm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Date format
Date: 2006-07-31 05:23:26
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I have two fields of column type 'date' from which I want to output a
formatted date (with PHP).

I understand that MySQL  would use DATE_FORMAT and appropriate %M, %D
commands.
I am having trouble finding the equivalent PostgresQL commands. I am
using PG 7.3.4.

I have found the template patterns for the conversions. I want it to be
in this format:

Day, DD Month YYYY

I do not know the function to format this so.

if to_date() converts a string to date, what converts/formats date to
string?

Thankyou very much.

-Dylan Fogarty-MacDonald
dylan(dot)fm(at)gmail(dot)com