Re: plperl's ppport.h out of date?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: plperl's ppport.h out of date?
Date: 2006-05-30 15:16:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> A more radical solution is to remove ppport.h from our distribution
> entirely, and have the Makefile generate it at build time, using that
> same little bit of script you showed.  Or is Devel::PPPort not part of
> the standard Perl distribution?

It is, but this misses the point. You want to use the latest ppport.h
even when building with earlier perls.

The man page says:

       just take the most recent copy of ppport.h that you
       can find (e.g. by generating it with the latest "Devel::PPPort"
release
       from CPAN), copy it into your project, adjust your project to use it,
       and distribute the header along with your module.

We are using ppport.h correctly - we're just a bit out of date, that's all.

cheers

andrew