Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 2.

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Jeremy Drake <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 2.
Date: 2006-04-26 15:53:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I just built this, and noticed that the regression test for "opr_sanity"
> fails with your patch. I attached the regression.diffs.

Sorry, this part isn't done yet, because we are waiting of community decision..
We don't add regression test yet.

If community don't like to include GIN in core, we make a contrib/gin, but in
this case GIN can't use WAL feature because of WAL interface can't call
user-defined function.

The reason for first diff is a hardcoded 'gist' index:
-- We have to exclude GiST, unfortunately, since it hasn't got any fixed
-- requirements about strategy operators.

SELECT p1.oid, p1.amname, p2.oid, p2.opcname, p3.amopsubtype
FROM pg_am AS p1, pg_opclass AS p2, pg_amop AS p3
WHERE p2.opcamid = p1.oid AND p3.amopclaid = p2.oid AND
p1.amname != 'gist' AND
p1.amstrategies != (SELECT count(*) FROM pg_amop AS p4
WHERE p4.amopclaid = p2.oid AND
p4.amopsubtype = p3.amopsubtype);

Second is right diff.

For the thread one reason is that operations &&, ~, @ defined for anyarray, but