Re: security for row level but not based on Database user's

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Ramasamy <ramasamy(dot)p(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: 'Postgresql Performance' <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: security for row level but not based on Database user's
Date: 2006-04-25 10:40:13
Lists: pgsql-performance
Ramasamy wrote:
> Hi Richard ,
>  Very good Day. Great information that you given to me.

Great glad you think it's useful. Oh, don't forget to cc: the
mailing-list - that's the convention around here.

> I will try in your idea. Here I am using SQL server 2000(Even I can use SQL
> Sever 2005 too if needed.) We are dealing with lot of databases with lot of
> business logic. I think your information will great for me.

Ah - you're not using PostgreSQL? Well, the principle is the same but
you should be aware that this is a PostgreSQL list so the details will
be different.

> Let I try and I will back with you.
>
> Thanks and hands of too you.
>
> But i don't have any idea of getting Session from databases (I think you are
> meaning that user can be handle with session). If you have some more idea
> then it will be great full to me.

With MS-SQL you'll probably want to look at T-SQL variables, although I
don't know if they last longer than a single transaction. Failing that,
functions or temporary tables might be a help.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd