psqlODBC-Driver Test

From: Johann Zuschlag <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psqlODBC-Driver Test
Date: 2006-03-27 12:31:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Dave Page schrieb:

>Can anyone who was suffering the latin character problems with the old
>Unicode driver try the 07.03 demo version please?
>Regards, Dave.
>TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
Hi Dave,

a short (late) Test with:

PostgreSQL 8.0X on Debian Sarge
Unicode Database
Application with psqlodbc+ on Win XP Sp2

Operation: Reading and writing of a, A, u, U, o, O-Umlaut and sz (german
Data type: varchar(40)
Remarks: I got some odd errors when leaving my application (only once)
Protocol: 7.4+ and 6.4

Result: success

That never worked with any unicode version so far.
The result is remarkable since I can use a unicode database now.

I have to repeat the test with Win ME.