Re: fails to compile with undefined symbol (FP_PLUS_INF)

From: Seneca Cunningham <scunning(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: Riccardo Mottola <multix(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fails to compile with undefined symbol (FP_PLUS_INF)
Date: 2006-03-21 16:09:16
Lists: pgsql-ports
Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hey,
>
>> I took a quick look at gcc 4.0.1's build scripts (what I'm running).  It
>> would appear that gcc blindly replaces limits.h, float.h, iso646.h,
>> stdarg.h, stdbool.h, stddef.h, varargs.h, and unwind.h.  Of these,
>> limits.h is the only one that then includes the native header.  They
>> aren't modified by fixincludes.  fixincludes takes a hack at the other
>> headers that end up in gcc's include directory.
>
> I failed a bug report to gcc (26768) and it got closed saying that it
> is float.h is fine to be replaced since those constants FP_* are non
> standard, please have a look yourself.

I took a look at some docs[1], and it seems like the gcc people are
correct in that the standard does not define any constants FP_FOO in
float.h.  They say that definitions starting with FP_ are to be in math.h.

[1] http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/basedefs/math.h.html

--
Seneca Cunningham
scunning(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info