Re: ESTERROR

From: Michael Guerin <guerin(at)rentec(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ESTERROR
Date: 2006-03-16 22:00:05
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi Tom,

    I believe the following may be happening although I can't prove it
yet.  An application holds a persistent connection on the database and
creates a number of prepared statements.  Sometime during the day tables
are dropped and recreated with new data.  Is it possible that the query
plan for this statement is still referencing the original table oid, so
when it looks up the plan it finds that the oid doesn't exists any more
and complains?    It seems to have something to do with prepared
statements b/c the only sql I see when this is happening is a <BIND>.

pid 431 is the id in the log associated with all my errors.

commonsym=# select * from pg_stat_activity ;
 datid |  datname  | procpid | usesysid |  usename  | current_query
|          query_start          |         backend_start         |
client_addr  | client_port
-
 16384 | commonsym |     431 |    16385 | commonsym | <BIND>        |
2006-03-16 15:23:26.928458-05 | 2006-03-16 10:22:04.986391-05 |
127.0.0.1    |       36110
..
(5 rows)