Postgres in Upcoming Book

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres in Upcoming Book
Date: 2011-11-30 17:01:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but Postgres is the RDBMS of choice in this upcoming book called "Seven Databases in Seven Weeks: A Guide to Modern Databases and the NoSQL Movement" (http://pragprog.com/book/rwdata/seven-databases-in-seven-weeks).  In additional to SQL basics, it appears it will be covering PL/PGSQL, rules, and fulltext searching.   An excerpt I thought worth sharing from the introduction:

"Battle-hardened Postgres is by far the oldest and most robust database we cover. With its adherence to the SQL standard, it will feel familiar to anyone who has worked with relational databases before, and provides a solid point for comparison to the other databases we’ll work with. We’ll also explore some of SQL’s unsung features and Postgres’s specific advantages. There’s something for everyone here, from SQL novice to expert"

Thought it might be worth keeping track of as it is promoting Postgres!

Jonathan

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Thom BrownDate: 2011-11-30 17:05:47