PostgreSQL Solaris packages now in beta

From: Robert Lor <Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Solaris packages now in beta
Date: 2006-01-26 01:46:12
Lists: pgsql-performance
With big thanks to Josh Berkus and Devrim Gunduz, I'm happy to announce
that Sun has just released a Solaris distribution of PostgreSQL 8.1.2
with ready-to-install packages for both Sparc and x86.  These packages
are currently in Beta, and we expect to FCS in 2 -3 weeks.  The
packages, along with an install guide, are available for download at
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/solarispackages/

We have tightly integrated PostgreSQL with Solaris in a manner similar
to the Linux distributions available on postgresql.org. In fact, the
directory structures are identical.  Starting with Solaris 10 Update 2,
PostgreSQL will be distributed with every copy of Solaris, via download
and physical media.

We welcome any and all feedback on this PostgreSQL Solaris
distribution.   Please subscribe to the
solarispackages-general(at)pgfoundry(dot)org mailing list to give us feedback:
http://pgfoundry.org/mail/?group_id=1000063

BTW, I'm a senior engineer at Sun Microsystems, recently working with
the PostgreSQL community (namely Josh Berkus, Devrim Gunduz, and Gavin
Sherry) on the Solaris Packages Project at PgFoundry,  PostgreSQL
performance optimization on Solaris, and leveraging Solaris 10
capabilities (e.g. DTrace) specifically for PostgreSQL.  I'll be posting
a Solaris performance tuning guide in a few weeks.

Regards,
Robert Lor

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Paul MackayDate: 2006-01-26 10:06:24