Re: vacuum and routine maintenance docs

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: vacuum and routine maintenance docs
Date: 2006-01-19 01:24:47
Lists: pgsql-docs
> I know I certainly have trouble finding things... I generally look for
> stuff by going to the appropriate page in the SQL syntax section and
> seeing what it links too, but of course there's a lot of things that
> aren't (and shouldn't be) linked to from there...

I find that it is generally difficult to find things in the docs but
that once you find it the information is usually very good.

There are exceptions as have already been pointed out of course.

Example issues I see:

Why is Managing Database and Routine Database Management separate?

Server configuration is kind of vague... Perhaps PostgreSQL
configuration? But then why isn't that under Managing Databases :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake