> What exact commands are you using for both the backup and the restore?
- at boot time the linux box mount a smb share '/mnt/walarchive810'
- I have modified postgresql.conf parameter
archive_command='cp -i /mnt/walarchive810/%f </dev/null'
- restarting postgres shows that wal files are correctly archived
- install postgres 8.1 on win 2000 server and test if work: ok
- stop postgres set postgres service start mode to manual
- connect to postgres on linux
- issue command select ps_start_backup('contab')
- used tar to archive the data folder as database.tar.gz
- select pg_stop_backup()
- copy database.tar.gz on windows
- now I have run a script wich updates a database in the linux box and
the wal files where correctly copied
- stop linux postgres
- on the windows machine:
- rename folder data as windataoriginal
- decompress database.tar.gz as data folder
- modify data directory permission and ownership
- create a recovery.conf into data directory with
restore_command='copy d:/shared/pgwal810/%f "%p"'
- now starting postgres with the command pg_ctl start -D
d:\local\postgresql810\data give me 2 different errors:
- unsupported locale (disappeared after changing locale from
'it_IT.UTF-8' to 'C')
- FATAL: incorrect checksum in control file
I have done all manually so I don't remember exactly all commands issued
for obtain this result.
Thank you very much
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 02:38:27PM +0100, netmaniac(at)libero(dot)it wrote:
>> Is it possible to do an online backup from linux to windows ?
>> Postgres : 8.1.0
>> linux : Centos 4.2 , 32 bit
>> windows : 2000 Server , 32 bit
>> When I try to start recovery process on windows I'm getting the following error:
>> FATAL: incorrect checksum in control file
>> thank you
>> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
>> TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
In response to
pgsql-bugs by date
|Next:||From: Frank van Vugt||Date: 2005-11-29 00:36:00|
|Subject: Re: segfault of autovacuum process during restore - coredumps included|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2005-11-29 00:10:37|
|Subject: Re: segfault of autovacuum process during restore - coredumps included |