Re: Problem Upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 (WinXP) ...not still solved!!

From: ig(at)freemail(dot)gr ( )
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem Upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 (WinXP) ...not still solved!!
Date: 2005-11-24 23:43:09
Lists: pgsql-novice
Friends thank you all for replying, but I do not think you understood what I said.  I did not try to upgrade the database.  I uninstalled the old one and tried a clean install of the PostgreSQL 8.1.0-2.

If anything this should have worked, but it did not.

There is no reason for the installer to behave like that.  That is why I am so pissed off and dissapointed.

If anyone can solve this problem, please tell me.  Otherwise I will have to ditch PostgreSQL and go for another database, which currently I am not very keen on doing.

I am not asking for much. Just a descent installer to be able to install the DB and do my work.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: T j i b b eDate: 2005-11-25 11:04:06