I have the same problem with visual studio 2005. The beta's worked perfectly
but since the RTM version I'm experiencing the same.
Already filed this complaint to MS.
I have a schema public and meet all the previous requirements. So far I
haven't been able to crack this one and recoded my application to use npgsql
which has a commandbuilder but not the nice gui features.
In the postgresql log you actually see VS querying all the data (tables
etc.) but they simply don't display. Also the automatic generation of
update, delete and insertcommands does not work anymore.
Perhaps this helps.. (a bit ;) )
[mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] Namens Tobias Britz
Verzonden: dinsdag 15 november 2005 16:07
Onderwerp: [ODBC] Visual Studio 2005 not happy with postgresql
Here is my problem:
* Postgresql 8.1 installed on windows XP (machine 1) with DB up and
running. I can access/change/see all my tables, etc with EMS Postgresql
* On Machine 2 (windows XP) I've installed the pg ODBC drivers 8.01.01
and created a System DSN to machine 1
* I tested this DSN with MS Access, and I could see my tables, add
items, launch queries
* Now, I need to use Visual Studio 2005 (with .Net 2.0) for our
project and would like to be able to create XSD files visually (using the
VS2005 built-in tools). In VS2005 Server Explorer, I created a new Database
Connection, using the Microsoft ODBC Data Source (ODBC) with the .Net ODBC
Data Provider selected. Pointed the thing to my working ODBC DSN and tested
* Connection works (says VS2005)
* Now I have a new Data Connection in the Server Explorer, with 3 tree
entries; Tables, Views, Procedures. My problem is that "Tables" is empty,
"Views" is empty but "Procedures" contains hundreds of postgres functions.
* I would like to see my tables and views!
* I tried OLEDB, whitout success either. VS2005 says that there where
"some" errors and that "no work could be done"... cool he?!
Can someone please help me, as I've lost already 2 days figuring out what is
going wrong here. I google nearly every forum about that..
Thanks in advance,
ER Systems SA
In response to
pgsql-odbc by date
|Next:||From: me||Date: 2005-11-16 01:26:51|
|Subject: another wrong error message returned: INSERT with missing field|
|Previous:||From: Campbell, Greg||Date: 2005-11-15 20:43:25|
|Subject: Re: Visual Studio 2005 not happy with postgresql|