Extending PG_DATA

From: "Dongon, Ike C(dot)" <idongon(at)tnes(dot)nec(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Extending PG_DATA
Date: 2005-11-11 07:13:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Sorry if this seems a silly question from a novice.
However, I'm quite desperate for hints since I haven't
found from the archives.

Quoting from the documentation of 'postmaster', it can
only manage one DB cluster stored at a common file system.
In case the DB grows bigger and needs to use another
partition, how can this be achieved in PostgreSQL?

Actually, the target DB size is 5TB. Any hints on its
configuration is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
Ike