Dave Page schrieb:
>>just send it to me (the windows dll). Even though I just switched my
>>linux server to UTF-8. :-)
>>I'll test it with the old enviroment.
I didn't have much time to test the driver this week. But there are some
I created a Latin1 database on my unicode linux server (with initdb
utf8. I have to repeat the same test with a local C initdb).
1. I can insert german characters (a, o, u Umlaut).
2. When my application reads them back, I get '?'. Funny!
3. I put the string SET CLIENT_ENCODING=UNICODE in the driver
4. Now I can read back my german characters. Puzzles me even more.
1. I start with SET CLIENT_ENCODING=UNICODE in the driver
2. I try to insert characters with a german character
3. The server reports: ERROR: could not convert UTF-8 character 0x00f6
So it seems, like some in the list already reported, that it just works
one way. I would assume, that the conversion in the driver works, but
somehow the conversion is not called properly. Can't we just put tags in
the driver for test purposes. So I know the driver isn't using unicode
Furthermore I couldn't get the driver working with unicode so far. It
seems that the wrong combination of conversions in both directions may
be a part of it. But more tests have to be done yet.
I will have more time to test the driver next week.
pgsql-odbc by date
|Next:||From: Marko Ristola||Date: 2005-09-03 13:14:54|
|Subject: Re: savepoint|
|Previous:||From: Marko Ristola||Date: 2005-09-03 08:35:25|
|Subject: Re: Transactions and SavePoints|