Re: [ODBC] PG 7.3.4 VS PG 8.0.3 Problem

From: Marko Ristola <Marko(dot)Ristola(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>
To: Chris Hoover <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dragan Matić <mlists(at)panforma(dot)co(dot)yu>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ODBC] PG 7.3.4 VS PG 8.0.3 Problem
Date: 2005-08-11 19:36:28
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-odbc

Hello.

I have some bad experience with RHEL 2 and PostgreSQL ODBC.

I have seen there a following problem:

An ODBC application gets SUCCESS regardless of wether the
SQL command succeeded or not!

I don't know, wether the psqlodbc behaviour was caused by application's ODBC
calling convention, or is there something fatally wrong.

I do remember, that psql command line tool worked.
Isql (ODBC command line tool for UnixODBC) did not notice errors either
(please check, if
you need this information).

So it seemed, that the RHEL2's psqlodbc is bad, and nobody uses it.
The problem is solveable by replacing the psqlodbc driver with a working
one.

Regards, Marko Ristola