copying a db

From: Daniele Migliau <Daniele(dot)Migliau(at)ingegneria(dot)studenti(dot)unige(dot)it>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: copying a db
Date: 2005-07-28 12:40:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi to everyone,
I'm new to postgresql and i have a question.
I'm working on a university experimental project that parses data from
an on-line postgresql database (i.e. I access to the DB via web with
PgAdminIII without problems).

In order to work when I won't have an internet connection, I decided to
copy the entire on-line database (even a few tables are sufficient) on
my local machine, where I have installed postgresql 8.0.

How can I do? Is there any function I can use? Please tell me in details
as I'm totally new to postgresql.

Thanks in advice,

Daniele.