Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Remove GIST concurrency limitations section.
- The current implementation of <acronym>GiST</acronym> within
- <productname>PostgreSQL</productname> has some major limitations:
- <acronym>GiST</acronym> index access is not concurrent, and the
- <acronym>GiST</acronym> interface doesn't allow the development of
- data types, such as digital trees (see papers by Aoki et al).
AFAIK the GiST modifications suggested Aoki have not yet been
implemented, so this should not have been removed.
In response to
pgsql-committers by date
|Next:||From: Oleg Bartunov||Date: 2005-07-03 08:15:03|
|Subject: Re: pgsql: Remove GIST concurrency limitations section.|
|Previous:||From: Bruce Momjian||Date: 2005-07-03 02:32:57|
|Subject: pgsql: This patch allows contrib/pgcrypto to build with OpenSSL 0.9.8 |