Re: foreign keys and RI triggers

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>,pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: foreign keys and RI triggers
Date: 2005-05-27 14:21:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Because (a) it needs all the same arguments

Well, it needs the Trigger that we're in the process of queueing, the
old tuple, the new tuple, and the updated relation. It doesn't need the
rest of the content of TriggerData. trigger.c has to manually construct
a TriggerData to pass to it, so it's not like it's a notational convenience.

> (b) it can share infrastructure with the other RI triggers.

Such as? I don't see anything it allows us to share.

-Neil