Re: Official ODBC announcement

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Official ODBC announcement
Date: 2005-04-28 05:47:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc
>>MySQL has completely different issues regardless of their licensing model.
>>
>>TrollTech accepts external patches and does receive them regularly.
>

> OK, how does TrollTech do it?  Do they have a separate license for
> submisions?  You said sublicense.

Well TrollTech does it like FSF. They require the copyright be folded
into the project.

I don't want to do that. I would rather just have the perpetual license
and allow the developer to do what they wish.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Your PostgreSQL solutions provider, Command Prompt, Inc.
24x7 support - 1.800.492.2240, programming, and consulting