XML and Postgres

From: Greg Lindstrom <greg(dot)lindstrom(at)novasyshealth(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: XML and Postgres
Date: 2005-03-16 17:31:39
Lists: pgsql-novice
I am fairly new to postgres, but have been coding for over 20 years and
would like to know what, if anything, is available to post data in XML
format to postgres.  I have read (seemingly) conflicting reports that
Oracle will allow users to post an xml formatted document directly to
the database and my sysadmin "seems to recall" reading about it.  I am
in the process of dissecting a fairly complex xml file (health care
claims data in EDI x12 format) and would much rather use an existing
technology to post it if it exists.

So, does such a thing exist?  Or perhaps I have misread the literature
and am off base?

Thanks for your help.

Greg Lindstrom               501 975.4859
Computer Programmer          greg(dot)lindstrom(at)novasyshealth(dot)com
NovaSys Health
Little Rock, Arkansas

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."  W.W.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Celia McInnisDate: 2005-03-16 19:05:52