Re: [HACKERS] Development Plans

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Development Plans
Date: 2005-02-25 17:11:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-hackers
> I wouldn't mind seeing people be a little more vocal on the hackers list
> about what they plan to be doing, just so that there's not duplication
> of effort.  But trying to assemble that into some sort of published
> Master Plan sounds to me like just a recipe for making ourselves look
> foolish when the Plan ends up having little relationship to reality.

The things I would _like_ to do:

* Combine pg_dump and pg_dumpall into a single binary with common
options, allowing a full cluster custom format dump.

* Make psql backwards compatible like pg_dump is

* Work with a few of the IRC guys on a pgsql version of SQL*Loader.
This would be a rad high speed data loader, with overflow files of rows
that couldn't be loaded, etc.

Chris