vacuum hint on elog

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: vacuum hint on elog
Date: 2005-01-22 12:28:52
Lists: pgsql-patches
It occurred to me that if we elog(ERROR) during VACUUM, the vacuum
activity hint will not be reset. This will result in all subsequent I/O
by the current backend being treated by the bufmgr as though it resulted
from VACUUM. While elog(ERROR) during VACUUM is not a common occurrence,
I don't think it's wise to assume it is impossible.

Attached is a patch which resets the vacuum activity hint in
AbortTransaction().

Barring any objections, I intend to apply this to REL8_0_STABLE and HEAD
sometime on Monday.

-Neil

pgsql-patches by date