Re: ARC patent

From: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ARC patent
Date: 2005-01-18 09:15:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think the ARC issue is the same with any other patent ...
Recently somebody pointed me to a nice site showing some examples:

http://www.base.com/software-patents/examples.html

Looking at the list briefly I can find at least five patent problems
using any operating system with PostgreSQL.

From my point of view having the ARC in there is just as safe / unsafe
as using "Hello World" and compile it with GCC.

I don't think it possible to sue a community anyway.

Best regards and have fun reading those examples,

Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Schoengrabern 134, A-2020 Hollabrunn, Austria