Re: Increased error verbosity when querying row-returning

From: Brendan Jurd <blakjak(at)blakjak(dot)sytes(dot)net>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Increased error verbosity when querying row-returning
Date: 2005-01-16 19:34:37
Lists: pgsql-patches
Brendan Jurd wrote:

> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 09:23:26AM +1100, Brendan Jurd wrote:
>>

>>> This patch to src/backend/executor/nodeFunctionscan.c is intended to
>>> make life a little easier for people using row-returning functions,
>>> by increasing the level of detail in the error messages thrown when
>>> tupledesc_match fails.
>>>

>> You should get rid of the returns, because ereport(ERROR) will never
>> return control to the function and they are thus dead code.  And make
>> the function return void rather than bool.
>>
>> Also follow the style: use "if (foo)" rather than "if( foo )".  And
>> message style stipulates that the errdetail() message should start with
>> a capital (upper case?) letter.
>>

> Thanks Alvaro, changes made and new patch attached.

I submitted this patch about 5 days ago and I haven't heard anything
since.  I don't wish to be rude, but I'm not familiar with the
pgsql-patches etiquette yet, and I noticed most submissions and
questions are getting responses very quickly.  5 days' silence seems
outside the norm for this list.  I'm just looking for some reassurance
that the patch hasn't "fallen off the grid".

Thanks

BJ