Embedding Postgres in Java Application

From: Jasper Potts <jasper(at)squarepark(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Embedding Postgres in Java Application
Date: 2005-01-16 16:20:37
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I am developing a desktop GUI application and am using postgres 8. I
need to be able to embed/bundle postgres with my application. To start
with I am releasing on windows with Linux and OSX later.

Is there a way of creating a JDBC connection to the db not over a
network socket?

The other way is going to be to start/stop the database from Java by
calling "pg_ctl start/stop". But that issues with this because of the
windows restrictions that postgres can't be run as a user with admin
privileges. Any Ideas?

Many Thanks

Jasper Potts

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Kris JurkaDate: 2005-01-16 16:32:20