Re: fix for windows breakage in regression script

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fix for windows breakage in regression script
Date: 2005-01-15 04:15:04
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
>

>>Tom Lane wrote:
>>

>>>What about the Cygwin port --- will it have the same issue? If so what
>>>should we add?
>>>

>>No, Cygwin works OK - still have occasional issues with non-empty
>>tablespaces, but not this issue. The Cygwin environment itself emulates
>>unix sockets, I think that's the reason.
>>

>Hm --- have you checked it since I changed the script?

yes. See
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=gibbon&br=HEAD

>port/cygwin.h claims that older versions of Cygwin don't have Unix
>sockets, and there's a hack in pg_config_manual.h that sure looks like
>it will disable HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS on any Cygwin version. I'm inclined
>to think that pg_regress should play it safe and assume no Unix sockets
>on Cygwin.

Mine is fairly up to date - fairly sure I ran an update in the last
month or so, and it was only installed 6 months ago anyway.

I have no idea how far back you would have to go to be missing unix
sockets. Several years I suspect.

cheers

andrew