Re: Bugs

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Rangarajan <rangarajan(at)insoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bugs
Date: 2005-01-11 17:02:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Rangarajan wrote:

> *Hello sir,*
> **
> *           We have developed an web application in ASP.Net with back
> end as POSTGreSQL Version 7.4 for Linux, which works fine without any
> issues.  Recently we had tested the same application with POSTGreSQL
> Version 8.0 for Windows, there we found lots of issues like if we
> input more than 2010 characters in a text box it stores well in the
> database whereas while fetching and displaying the same some junk
> characters are automatically added to the value and it displays.*
> **
> *We request you to give us a solution to fix the above said bugs as
> earliest as possible.*
> **
> **
> **
> **

First, please post plain text mail only, not stuff with cute backgrounds
and advertisements.

Second - you have not given nearly enough information for us to begin to
diagnose your problem. For example, what version of what client library
did you use? What encoding were in place? What was the data type of the
relevant field? What did you do to diagnose the problem? Did you log the
relevant SQL statements?

Third - requesting a solution for your problem "as soon as possible" is
not how open source software works. Your choices are:

. fix it yourself
. pay someone else to fix it, or
. report it in enough detail to diagnose and hope someone else fixes it.

cheers

andrew