Irresponsible actions

From: Omar Kilani <omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Irresponsible actions
Date: 2004-12-22 17:15:16
Lists: pgsql-www
Hi,

This:

http://www.postgresql.org/

Looks very much like this:

http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org

Despite this:

Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:03:46 +1100
From: Omar Kilani <omar(at)tinysofa(dot)org>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Site is not ready for launch [Was: Re: Launch now???]

> *** With that in mind, unless there are any screams of objection I
> will make the site live tomorrow AM (GMT). ***

Consider this a scream of objection. A half-finished site is *not* a
site that's ready for launch. The site in its current state would
reflect very poorly on PostgreSQL.

--

All the problems we mentioned in the above email, sans one fixed link,
are still present.

Putting the site live as you did was not a wise move, as broken links
are prevalent and in some cases entire sections were broken because you
cut corners and did not allow time for testing. Making changes to CVS
*just before you go live* is hardly a well thought out methodology. As a
result of this, the documentation section was entirely broken.

I suggest that you heed objections in the future, if you write to the
community seeking them.

Your actions are reckless, thoughtless and without consensus. Perhaps
roles in the PostgreSQL web team need to be rethought, so that positions
of responsibility are given only to those who are team players.

In the future, please, think before you do.

Omar Kilani
Emily Boyd

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Steve SimmsDate: 2004-12-22 17:15:43