Mac OS X interface problems

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Maarten Engelen <maarten(at)jvonet(dot)nl>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Mac OS X interface problems
Date: 2004-12-20 11:17:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Please don't use private mail, we need to discuss this in the
pgadmin-hackers community.

Maarten Engelen wrote:
> Attached you will find two screenshots of the preference dialog an the
> database property dialog after I changed the default font setting from
> Lucida Grande to Courier. I had to do this in the pgadmin3 preference
> file, because (as you will see from the screenshot) there is no dropdown
> control to choose a new font. The control is uneditable.
>
> I edited the database property dialog xrc file to make it a bit wider.
> But the controls still don't space evenly over the dialog.

Your description doesn't fit the snapshots (font is "genova", not
"courier"; anyway, this doesn't seem to be the well-known font problem.

Please try the wx xrc sample: copy the attached basicdlg.xrc to
samples/xrc/rc, make and start xrcdemo (ignore the version hint) and
have a look at the basic dialog. It should display correctly, with the
exception of the three buttons at the bottom which might be
misplaced/cut off. Post the result here if it doesn't look ok.

Regards,
Andreas

Attachment Content-Type Size
basicdlg.xrc text/xml 7.3 KB