Re: ODBC driver for Windows & future...

From: Johann Zuschlag <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC driver for Windows & future...
Date: 2004-11-30 15:21:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

there are some developers around, but there don't seem to be in the
position to take over the development for whatever reason. Dave can't do
the job, neither can I nor anybody else. (I'm not good at C and I don't
really understand the ODBC API).

Ok, so there is nobody ready to step up to do the job.

Then let's try a different approach. Let's start some kind of joint
development.

So we just start by drawing some lines, e.g, Merlin proposing to wrap
the libpg library. Somebody else could line out how the proposed driver
architecture should look like and so on. Maybe we can use plenty of the
old ODBC code. And there are some developers around who want to help
with coding. So the load of the development is distributed.

Well, I could do the documentation of the process and maybe some
organizational stuff. Saying that I know I have limited time. But I want
to contribute somehow. I need the driver.

Anybody want to join? Comments?

regards,

Johann