Re: URGENT - HELP WITH 7.3.4 Strangeness

From: Naomi Walker <nwalke(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
To: Chris Hoover <revoohc(at)sermonaudio(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: URGENT - HELP WITH 7.3.4 Strangeness
Date: 2004-11-22 19:42:58
Lists: pgsql-admin
Chris,

I feel your pain.  Even though it is odd because all servers seem alike
in their problems, it smells like a memory problem.  Was anything
changed just prior to your problems?  Has everything been running fine
on this version of OS and postgres before this happened?

Another idea is that you are moving corrupted data, and once it gets
used some, it is messing things up, so the problems follow the data. Did
you see any strangeness when moving the data?

Naomi

> In synopsis:
>
> System runs fine after reboot, but appears to start having index
> issues.  We are able to query the db and see the data if we force a seq
> scan, but an index scan returns random results.  Nothing has changed
> application or db wise.
>
> All server Dell Poweredge 2650's
> RedHat ES 2.1
> Postgres 7.3.4  (with perl)
> DB's on Dell PowerVaults using raid5
>
> I really need some help solving this.  I have never seen anything like
> this before.  Does anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

>    (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org)

Naomi Walker                          Chief Information Officer
Eldorado Computing, Inc.              nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com 602-604-3100
Courage is the power to let go the familiar.         -Raymond Lindquist

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Vishal Kashyap @ [SaiHertz]Date: 2004-11-22 20:08:07
Previous:From: Chris HooverDate: 2004-11-22 18:48:31
Subject: URGENT - HELP WITH 7.3.4 Strangeness