Re: bug on debian... what's wrong with me ?

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bug on debian... what's wrong with me ?
Date: 2004-11-21 17:22:19
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Andreas Pflug wrote:

>> #8  0x086317e5 in wxWcstr ()
>> #9  0x0862ba87 in wxString::wxString ()
>> #10 0x081b062b in pgConn::GetLastError (this=0x5) at string.h:919
>> #11 0x08216ea2 in pgServer::GetLastError (this=0x8c9f560) at string.h:228
>

> Possibly PQerrorMessage from the libpq version you're using is returning
> NULL under some circumstances; catching it doesn't hurt so please try
> the new pgConn.cpp.

nope :( it does not solve the problem. But I think you were on the good
way... Here is the error message reported by psql:

$ psql -d template1 -h localhost
psql: could not connect to server: ��ٷ
         Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

$ psql -d template1 -h localhost 2>&1 | cat -vet
psql: could not connect to server: M-^HM-^]M-YM-7$
^IIs the server running on host "localhost" and accepting$
^ITCP/IP connections on port 5432?$

I found the right part of the message really strange and decided to take
  a look to debian bugs... It seems you were right :) Take a look at bug
#277757 [1].
Apparently it's fixed upstream now and I bet there will be an update.
BTW, it may be good if we could prevent this libpq bug from altering
pgA3 runability.

So, here we go, I'm gonna reupload pga3 rc2 debian packages and precise
there are some side effects in certain conditions due to libpq bugs.

Regards,
Raphaël