Re: Contacts for Greece

From: Michalis Kabrianis <mk(at)interzone(dot)gr>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Contacts for Greece
Date: 2004-11-19 19:39:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Michalis,
>

>>I was waiting long hoping for someone more marketing-related than me to
>>come up for Greece.
>>Unfortunately I haven't seen anybody :(
>

>>If my late offer is not a problem, just let me know what exact info you
>>need for listing me as a contact person.
>

> Glad to have you.
>
> The one question to be resolved is, can you get a list of Greek tech press
> contacts, even 2 or 3?   When we dealt with Russian last year, we ended up
> dropping the Russian PR because Oleg couldn't get a press list.    I wouldn't
> want you to take your time on this if you won't get any queries to answer!

I already have a list of 8 newspapers / magazines that are technology -
related and I can contact the Greek e-patengs team (say no to e-patents
!) to get any contacts they have. I think that maybe 10 - 15 contacts is
a number close to what I can get. It looks like a good number for Greece.

>>Email: pgsql(at)interzone(dot)gr (will you make a gr(at)postgresql(dot)org ?)
>

> Yes, if we go ahead.

Just make it point to pgsql(at)interzone(dot)gr(dot) I want to say, once again,
that I will gladly step down if one marketing-related guy comes up to
help (and of course I will help him/her as much as I can).

Michalis