Re: Vote on Omar Design

From: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vote on Omar Design
Date: 2004-11-19 08:49:29
Lists: pgsql-www
Hi,

Josh Berkus wrote:
> I'd like to push for a vote on Omar's design.   Overally, I'm pretty impressed
> with it and Omar seems willing to put in the effort required to get the site
> (including Advocacy and Techdocs) fully ported before or around 8.0.   Time's
> a-wastin'!
>
> So, votes that we let Omar proceed and offer help on getting content ported to
> the 2nd design he submitted (with minor adjustments)?

I'd like to point out that the design we have now [1] is adequate, while the
content is not. I'd also like to remind that the new site was made easy to skin,
so applying the newer design will take a small amount of time. Fixing and
porting the content will take a much longer time, though.

Therefore, I'm willing to support Omar's design, but *after* the content fixing
and porting work is finished. This work may continue even in the current design.

I urge the people not wishing to have a pretty but content-free website to
"vote" in the same way.

[1] http://wwwdevel.postgresql.org/