Re: PostgreSQL in the press again

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL in the press again
Date: 2004-11-13 15:11:12
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On 11/11/2004 2:22 PM, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> Jan,
>> To be fair, that isn't really a fault of the initial design. The way it
>> was redone in JAVA moved the temporary files used by Vadim's Perl stuff
>> into the RAM. If the JAVA version would be able to spill to disk it
>> would be no issue at all.
>>
> I'm sure you didn't capitalize Java to indicate that it in some way
> incured this design flaw ;-)
>
> Just kidding...

It is never the fault of a programming language per se. People with a
good understanding of object design will write "object oriented code" in
every language, even assembler. People who just don't know what they are
doing will write bad code, and the best Pascal compiler in the world
won't be able to prevent that.

Jan