Re: PostgreSQL in the press again

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL in the press again
Date: 2004-11-09 20:13:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> ... does that help?
Ok, so to abbreviate what you and Josh writes into what I had in mind
(??? denotes my own lack of further knowledge):

Master + read-only slaves:
  - Slony-I when all sites are trusted
  - dbMirror for untrusted slaves and/or table based master slave assignment
  - Mammoth Replicator, proprietary ???
  - erServer ???

  - C-JDBC, Will be transaction safe once PostgreSQL has XA
  - pgPool, not transaction safe ???
(- future, the stuff Jan is working on and Postgres-R)

Perhaps some info about which solutions that are PostgreSQL specific and
which are database agnostic should be added.

Thomas Hallgren