Re: Isn't win32_make_absolute() a waste of

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Isn't win32_make_absolute() a waste of
Date: 2004-11-05 23:39:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
At the time this was included in initdb.c, if you called initdb like
this:  "bin/initdb" then the path to postgres ended up being determined
as "bin/postgres". This function was put in to get around a problem
Windows had in certain cases with such relative paths. That code path
has now changed so radically that you might be right in thinking it
redundant - I will have a closer look unless Bruce can give a
categorical answer.

cheers

andrew