Re: Sequence bug

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: PgAdmin Hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sequence bug
Date: 2004-10-21 13:27:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Sorry, but I don't have any time to look at this right now... I found a
> quoting bug in the sequence dialogue that prevents modification of them
> (such as resetting the value) - should be trivial to sort. I also
> suspect that resetting to zero won't work correctly because we need to
> use something like setval('foo', $INCREMENT, false) to do that, however
> that might require some more thought.

I found two issues, but not for the same version.
ALTER SEQUENCE "TestSequenz"
RESTART WITH 1;
is perfectly ok for 7.4+. (but changing owner had some problems).

On 7.3, setval will be used; there, quoting used qtString instead of
qtIdent. Also, I added the third setval argument as false, this seems
the least surprise for users. Not checked with 7.3, please do that Dave.

Regards,
Andreas