question on postgresql.conf parameters (debug_print_xxx)

From: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)sermonaudio(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: question on postgresql.conf parameters (debug_print_xxx)
Date: 2004-10-20 20:17:14
Lists: pgsql-admin
I need some help understanding what the difference is between the
following debug_print parameters.  I have tried them all and they all
seem to give me the same output (looks like an explain verbose).
Anyway, I am really wanted to just have the db print a simple explain to
the log for each query so we can see where problems may be in some new
code we are developing.  Is there a way to do this?  I really don't want
the verbose output since I'm not very comfortable figuring out what it
is telling me.

Parameters:

debug_print_parse

debug_print_rewritten

debug_print_plan

Thanks for any explanation on these.

Chris

postgresql-7.3.4

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Chris White (cjwhite)Date: 2004-10-20 20:31:37