Re: mailing list offer

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: John Hansen <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>,PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-10-19 17:50:13
Lists: pgsql-www

> 1.4 seconds for the search, 4.5ms for the pull of the full details..
>
> So no -- that may not scale that well. We would have to test it out.

There are also other items that can be done, like keeping the tables
per month. And allow searching based on the month. If they want to
search the entire archives I think it is pretty much a safe bet that
it will take time.

Of course, we can always use the Google API as well.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.