Re: tsearch2 regression test path problem

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tsearch2 regression test path problem
Date: 2004-10-17 23:10:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
>

>>The problem is that on Windows, $(datadir) is typically a virtual Msys
>>path (or least typically it is for me) which is not understood by a
>>running backend,
>>

>Huh? Explain that in English please ... because I would think that what
>you are suggesting the behavior is would break a lot more things than
>just tsearch2.

It does not, at least for me. In fact I spent many hours a few months
ago making sure that we could run make check from Msys, despite the
dual-set-of-paths - see the changes to pg_regress.sh that were made
around then.

In fact, of the whole gamut of checks my buildfarm script runs (make
check, make installcheck, and contrib's make installcheck), this is the
*only* failure due to a path problem.

cheers

andrew