Re: pgadmin3 gets oid for schema wrong

From: Richard van den Berg <richard(dot)vandenberg(at)trust-factory(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin3 gets oid for schema wrong
Date: 2004-10-15 13:45:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Digging into the sources, I found two places where oids are converted
> using atol, which might be the offending function. I changed both to
> strtoul, and committed the changes to cvs.

Thanks for the fast response (and possible fix).

> Please check it (misc.cpp and pgSet.cpp affected) from source if
> possible or try Beta3, which we're be rolling quite soon an give us
> feedback because I don't have a test case.

Unfortunately, I cannot compile the CVS tree:

ui/dlgEditGridOptions.cpp:51: error: `wxID_REMOVE' was not declared in
this scope

Perhaps this has to do with the fact that I use wxWidgets 5.1.1 (5.3.x
is not available as Debian packages yet). I'll wait for the Beta3 to
come out.

> Apparently your database consumes enormous amounts of oids, you're more
> than half way to a oid wrap which might cause undesired effects
> (duplicate oids).

We have a lot of data passing through our database, not necessarily
staying in there. The uniqueness of the OIDs for us is only important
within the schema (within the table in most cases). Since each time we
load new data, a new schema is created I'm not too afraid for
duplicates. Thanks for the note though.

Sincerely,

--
Richard van den Berg, CISSP

Trust Factory B.V. | http://www.trust-factory.com/
Bazarstraat 44a | Phone: +31 70 3620684
NL-2518AK The Hague | Fax : +31 70 3603009
The Netherlands |