Re: French translation updates for 7.4 and 7.5

From: LELARGE Guillaume <gleu(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: French translation updates for 7.4 and 7.5
Date: 2004-09-19 08:29:32
Lists: pgsql-patches

Sorry to reply to your post so late...

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> LELARGE Guillaume wrote:
>>>Here is the latest .po file for the french 7.4 version. You'll also
>>>find updates for 7.5 .po files.
>>>
>>>Please, apply to the respectives branches.
>>
>>I didn't see them applied in CVS. Are they wrong ?
>

> Let's say they needed a bit of inspection. A couple of hints for the
> future:

You're right. Sorry about these.

> - Choose either ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15 as encoding, not both.

Done.

> - Please actually encode the files in the declared encoding. The pg_ctl
> translation was partially encoded in UTF-8. I did not install that
> one.

Stupid of me. Working on two computers didn't help me. I totaly
re-translated the pg_ctl one.

> - Please read the message style guidelines at
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/error-style-guide.html
> (or make up your local equivalent). In particular, the capitalization
> seems to be handled inconsistently.

Thanks for the URL. You're right about the capitalization. These files
are not fixed in this regard. But I'll do it. And I will redo the
replacement of \"foo\" with «foo» when it's not already done.

> - Please control the garbage that KBabel generates. If the top of the
> file looks like
>
> # translation of postgres.po to FR_fr
> # translation of postgres.po to Français
> # translation of postgres.po to
> # translation of postgres.po to
> # translation of postgres.po to
> # translation of postgres.po to
> # Lelarge Guillaume <gleu(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>, 2004.
> # Guillaume Lelarge <gleu(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>, 2004.
> #
> msgid ""
>
> that doesn't look too pretty.

Once again, you're right. After this new translation, I've manually
checked every header for them to be consistent. I hope it will be okay.

You'll find two attachments for 7.4 and 7.5 messages.

Thanks again.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.ptithibou.org/