Re: Timezone detection problem (was: InitDB

From: Mario Ivankovits <imario(at)apache(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Timezone detection problem (was: InitDB
Date: 2004-08-20 11:34:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Magnus Hagander write:

>I plan to get at least one try through on fixing this in the backend
>before next beta. (We are talking about the misbehaviour on locallized
>windows installations, I assume?)

>Oh, and it *does* log a warning about not finding the timezone. It's
>just that the beta installed by the MSI installer doesn't direct this to
>the eventlog :-)
And not only this - the log for the initDB process is deleted after an
successful installation.

You might only see the warning about the failed timezone detection if
you install postgres on an terminal server in an remote session - when
the installer failes you could look into the initdb log (before you
press OK, else the log is deleted anyways)